ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT TO SUBMIT YOUR ART!
If you are still sitting on the fence about contributing to the project, allow us to provide you with 10 reasons why you simply must gift your work!
TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO PAPERGIRL VANCOUVER:
10. Everyone loves receiving a gift from a friend, but think of how magical it would be to receive a gift of artwork at random by a total stranger whilst going about your own business. AWESOME SAUCE!
9. You will become part of a worldwide movement that has grown from one city in Berlin to over 10,000 participants, artists and contributors! It is growing everyday, last year around this time there were 26 cities running their own Papergirl Gifterventions, this year it is closer to 50!
8. You will help to establish a new word in the Urban Dictionary: Giftervention what a sexy word indeed!
- Giftervention: An Art intervention that involves Gifting an anonymous stranger with a piece of art.
- The action of gifterventing has been performed over many years, but it really only came into its own when the Art Event Papergirl Berlin started random gifterventions, taking art out of the galleries and into the streets.
7. Your work will be exhibited for almost a week at the Roundhouse in Yaletown! Sweet!
6. You will have the opportunity to attend the Exhibition Opening and meet a whole bunch of new artists!
5. Your work might fall into the hands of a discerning art collector, a fellow artist, or a rich software developer (we are in Vancouver after all) This might lead you onto a path where you might get a new commission, or be invited to exhibit other work...think about it!
4. If you love biking, and you love art, you can have it all with this project! As an artist and contributor to the project you are also invited to be a part of the Mass Giftervention you can witness all the genuine, quirky and amazing reactions to the project. If you want to be one of the cyclists distributing work, send us an email: email@example.com
3. Challenge your own preconceptions as to what art is and what it can be. Papergirl challenges the traditional and established way that art is reviewed, received and interpreted. It is much akin to street art, yet it is even more interesting, because the art that is taken into the street, is then given as a gift for someone to take home.
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. -Thomas Merton
Art is not a thing; it is a way. - Elbert Hubbard
Artists don't make objects. Artists make mythologies. - Anish Kapoor
2. Don't consider yourself an artist? We don't care! We bet you are creating some amazing things with or without this silly title, if you would like to share it with the world, now is your chance!
Even a true artist does not always produce art. - Carroll O'Connor
1. Follow your instincts!
You know you want to contribute to this magnificent project!
You simply must!
In art as in love, instinct is enough. - Anatole France